Quick rundown on area beach clubs in Palm Beach County
Photo by Pixaby
Americans are relocating to Florida in record numbers - hundreds and hundreds of people move to the Sunshine State every week. According to the Florida Department of State, the population was 15,982,378 in 2000 and is expected to reach 20,216,600 in 2020 ("Quick Facts", dos.myflorida.com). Many people are choosing Florida as their new home and for good reason. The Sunshine State is known for it's beaches, theme parks, golf courses, oranges, flip flops, and flamingos - not to mention that there is no state income tax. In Palm Beach County, the average winter daytime temperature is 74 degrees and it last snowed in 1978. The average daytime temperature in the summer is 89 degrees ("Palm Beach County Interesting Facts and Figures", discover.pbcgov.org). Who wouldn't want to move to Florida?
In Florida, beaches are one of the main attractions for tourists and residents alike. One reason that our beaches are so popular is because there are 663 miles of beaches in the state ("Quick Facts", dos.myflorida.com). People love to hang out at the beach because there is so much to do. You can stand up paddle board, jet ski, surf, swim, build sandcastles, sunbathe, play volleyball, read a book, search for seashells, people watch, enjoy the sights and sounds, have a picnic and so much more. If you want to experience the beach in luxury, join a beach club. Beach clubs are pricey and most of them don't publish their fees - you will need to contact the beach club's office directly to inquire about membership and pricing. Here are a few beach clubs in Palm Beach County that are worth looking at if you're thinking about joining one:
- Boca Beach Club in Boca Raton is an oceanfront oasis with three pools and 1/2 mile private beach. Elevate your beach experience to the next level of luxuriousness with either the Sea Level Experience or rent a poolside Beach Club Luxury Cabana for ultimate comfort. Bask in the sun at Sea Level, which is an open air enclave on Boca Beach Club's private beach, and relax in a Zero-Gravity Lounge Chair or oversize daybed. The Sea Level Experience includes a complimentary hand and foot massage plus you will have your own personal beach attendant. The kids will love the covered "sand boat" which is stocked with all the supplies that you need to build a sand castle. The Quest Kids' Club, a token arcade and playroom, is open daily for kids ages 5-12. Parents Night Out is available on select Saturday nights at Quest Kids' Club - kids will get to enjoy dinner, games, crafts and a movie while their parents enjoy an adult night out. For more information on Boca Beach Club, click here to visit their website.
- The Colony Cabana Club is a pet friendly oceanfront private beach club operated by Colony Hotel & Cabana Club, Delray Beach. Annual Membership is by invitation only. The Colony Cabana Club has bath houses, changing rooms and showers for guest use. A salt water pool and shuffleboard are onsite for guest enjoyment. Parking, beach cabanas, chaises, umbrellas, hammocks, towels, ice, ice buckets, glassware, WiFi, and the use of a refrigerator are complimentary with membership. Salads and grilled lunch specialties are available at Seagrape Grill at Colony Cabana Club. A party with live music is held each month on the full moon. For more information on Colony Cabana Club, click here to visit their website.
- Delray Beach Club, Delray Beach is a private member owned beach club on 3 1/2 acres of prime oceanfront property. Amenities include complimentary beach and pool concierge service, locker rooms with saunas, two (2) Har-Tru tennis courts, Spa & Fitness where you can participate in Yoga, Pilates, Zumba and Water Aerobics Classes or indulge in a luxurious facial, waxing or massage service. This beach club is great for families because the focus is just as much on kids as it is on adults. For young people there is a Kid's Camp and a variety of supervised social and recreational sports and activities including surfing, paddle boarding, swimming, beach soccer and football, beach activities, arts and crafts, and Family Fun Days during the holidays. Delray Beach Club stands out from other beach clubs because of their focus on activities for fun seekers of all ages. For more information on Delray Beach Club, click here to visit their website. Click on the membership tab to complete your request for membership information and the Membership Director will email you with rates and admissions process.
- The Seagate Beach Club is private oceanfront club located directly on Delray Beach. The Seagate Beach Club is luxuriously appointed and offers the finest amenities for their members. Member privileges include access to the clubhouse facility, discounts at the hotel and signing privileges at the hotel's restaurant, direct beach access, cabana rentals, swimming pool with beach views, and towel service, chairs & umbrellas at the pool and beach, ocean view restaurants, and valet parking. Water sport rentals and scuba diving, snorkeling, surfing and kayaking can be found directly behind the club. There are two restaurants in the club - a casual dining room with a beach house feel plus an outdoor dining area overlooking the ocean is located on the main level. At the beach club, lunch and dinner is served in the main level dining room. The upper level restaurant is rich and elegant and also has an outdoor terrace with panoramic views of the Atlantic. The upper level restaurant is open Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings for dinner only. Relax and enjoy an aperitif or night cap in the bar overlooking the ocean. A variety of membership options are available to fit your lifestyle. Annual membership fees include an initiation fee of $30,000 and annual dues of $16,200 if you are 46 years old or older. Associate pricing, which is half off, is offered when the oldest family member is 45 years of age or younger. For more information on Seagate Beach Club, click here to visit their website.
- The St. Andrews Club in Delray Beach is a private member referred club with multiple tiers of membership. The property has 400 feet of of sandy beach with cabanas and a lifeguard. The clubhouse has been renovated and expanded. The bar and casual dining room on the first floor open up to the pool and the second floor dining room is a gorgeous setting for enjoying beautiful ocean views. St. Andrews Club is nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Inland Waterway. In addition to the beach, there is an 18 hole par-three golf course, three Har-Tru tennis couerts, croquet lawn, fitness center with views of the waterway and the golf course, pool with views of the Atlantic. For more information on St. Andrews, click here to visit their website.
- The Ocean Club of Florida is located in the small town of Ocean Ridge which is just south of Boynton Beach Inlet. The club is located about 20 miles south of Palm Beach on South Florida's Gold Coast. Enjoy the sun and sand with 34 private cabanas or retreat to the Olympic size heated swimming pool to swim laps. Take a break from the sun and have lunch at the ocean side snack bar or sip on a refreshing cocktail from the bar as you relax. The Ocean Club also serves a casual dinner pool side. The Ocean Club Tennis Courts and Fitness Center is conveniently located across the street. There are five Har-Tru Clay Courts plus a full service Pro-Shop. The fitness center includes an aerobics studio and training room. Exercise classes and massages are offered. The Ocean Club of Florida also has 350 feet of dock slips for private boat storage. For more information on Ocean Club, click here to visit their website.
- The Breakers Ocean Club in Palm Beach is the creme de la creme of beach clubs. Your luxury beachfront experience at The Breakers Ocean Club comes with access to the resort's private half-mile of beach, four beautiful pools, five whirlpool spas, two fitness centers, championship golf & tennis and The Beach Club Restaurant. Membership comes with exclusive perks too - discounts at shopping boutiques, restaurants and the spa. Breakers Ocean Club is unique in that the Breakers Reef is located at the south edge of the hotel building. The Breakers Reef is a fantastic place to snorkel and discover vibrant & beautiful coral and tropical fish & other exotic creatures such as octopus. Achieve the epitome of luxury with an Ocean Membership at The Breakers Ocean Club. For more information on The Breakers Ocean Club, click here to visit their website.
If you live to enjoy the beach lifestyle but don't own an oceanfront home, consider joining a beach club. Besides the perks that each club offers, there are other things to consider. The beaches at private beach clubs tend to be less crowded and safer than public beaches. Also, unloading the family and gear is much easier and you won't have the hassle of parking the vehicle. Having a beach club membership is a luxury so make sure you join the right club.
"Quick Facts" Florida Department of State, https://dos.myflorida.com/florida-facts/quick-facts/
"Palm Beach County Interesting Facts and Figures" Palm Beach County, http://discover.pbcgov.org/Pages/pbc_facts.aspx
GET QUICK RESULTS FOR DELRAY BEACH, FL REAL ESTATE!
- Lori Keroack, Business Office Manager - Mizner Residential Group at Compass